Saturday, October 11, 2008

Niss on Sunday # 1

It's time the "other half" of this mixed seed roll - literal translation from Portuguese of the blog title - got more involved and offered up some updates for the poor English speakers/readers (in addition to the photographs)!

So with all the best will in the world, I will use some part of my lazy Sunday's to update the blog from my point of view. Thus, NoS.

(I demonstrate here my knack for somewhat wishful thinking that beyond the end of November 2008 there will be any such thing as a lazy Sunday in our lives...but if there is one, I'll post something! For those not in the know, on 30 November (coincidentally a Sunday) all Hell is due to break loose as our (first/only?) little angel is delivered! Which by my counting leaves only 49 days.)

Are we ready? Mentally I am, I think. But I know the mother-to-be is. And in terms of the stuff you need for a new baby? Got that covered too. Camera? Check! Camcorder? Check! Anything I am missing? No didn't think so. No embarrassing moment will go unrecorded for posterity (and hopefully a best-man's speech one day).

The one who can do nothing wrong (she's carrying my baby after all) did mention that we need to look at cots, changing units, nappies, bottles, sterilisers (a little too late for that don't you think?), baths, monitors....but I'm not convinced we need all that stuff!

... Xana and I have just spent an hour researching reusable nappies.....oh boy am I looking forward to sluicing and scrapping the more stubborn soiling. I hope the environment is worth experiencing these joys!

More next week.

1 comment:

maribete said...

Congratulations dad for your coment in english (not very easy for me but I understand).
I think that the end of November will bring you the most beautiful thing of the world, and for me you are ready... if is possible to be ready for such change of life. The most important thing is to be prepared to live a new life where every day teach us something diferent but always wonderful.